On Jun 3, 2009, at 3:44 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> David R. Morrison wrote:
>> Yes, I also had an email directly from a user about this.  It
>> mystifies me.
>
> It happens to me, too, when I simply run `fink reinstall tetex-
> base`. My first guess is that the final error refers to the message
> shown below, which functionally is just a warning, but technically
> is treated as an error message. Looking at the date, and trying to
> make sense of the mathematics with which latex.ltx computes "five
> years", I guess it is possible that this error shows up only after
> June 1st, 2009.

I noticed that message, but tetex-base installed fine for me on April
29 this year when I had to build a new fink on a new machine. Two
dependencies that have changed since then are fontconfig2-dev and
freetype219. For the moment I'm discounting 10.5.7 and xquartz as the
trigger, since the error appears on 10.4.11 too.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbrei...@earthlink.net