Am 09.03.2010 um 16:55 schrieb Pranay Airan:

> Hello,
>
> I am facing problem while creating info file, i discuss this problem
> earlier and got some suggestions but still i am unclear how to proceed
>
> in my port when porting for MAC while i am compiling any program
> which includes stdlib.h it gives syntax error, which in turn found
> to be in usr/include/mach/i386/_structs.h  where the error is in
> parsing Bit fields, as MAX and Alexander pointed that problem is in
> compiler which is not able to parse this bit fields, i want to know
> why this bit fields are not present in linux and is this header file
> structure is same for Power PC as well?

To answer that part of your question: This header file is part of
"Mach", the kernel of the Mac OS X operating system. As such, this
header is a non-portable header file, which is specific to Mac OS X;
it does not exist on other unix-like system, such as Linux or FreeBSD.
Normally, no code should ever directly include that file, but other
system headers might pull it in.

It is not same for PowerPC, as the path to the file correctly
indicates. Its PowerPC counterpart can be found in /usr/include/mach/
ppc/_structs.h  -- the 32bit version, that is; besides "i386" and
"ppc" there are also "ppc64" and "x86_64" which have yet other
versions of these headers, for 64bit systems.

Note that Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, etc., have their own set of non-
portable, system specific headers. Oh, and quite some of these use bit
fields, too ;).

Cheers,
Max