Hi all,

I would be interested in adopting and maintaining the IPE graphics
software for fink. Making an .info file for it is kind of on the way (a
few minor things to tweak), but I have a few questions.

- there is an antiquated version (6.0pre) in the repository, with
  package name ipe6. It depends on a few other old packages, most
  notably tetex and qt3. Besides, it is maintained by None. Not sure how
  many people are using it, but it should probably be marked obsolete at
  some point. Am I allowed to adopt it and prepare for that ?

- about the package name. I would be tempted to simply use 'ipe' with
  version 7.0.10 but 'ipe7' is an option as well, which would match the
  previous one. What is the policy on that, if there is one ?

- the package depends on qt4. I tried to build against the version
  provided by Apple, but it seems to be 32-bit only IIUC. So, I depend
  on fink's qt4. In order to use qt4-mac, it seems necessary to make an
  .app (probably in /sw/Applications copying the behavior of qgit) - is
  that standard procedure ?

- Related, I couldn't find an answer online: any way to convince a Qt
  binary to take focus on command-line launch, besides replacing it with
  a launcher for a .app bundle ?

Thanks for your help in this !

Cheers,

  /vincent