Hi there,

while wine is being discussed, I'd like to add the following remark -- but
first let me thank everybody who is working on the wine package, esp. Damian!

Now, as for myself: I am going to install a modified version of the wine
package, as I have done so for past versions. Specifically, I'll hack my .info
file by removing all deps on arts and esound.

Reason: These two dependencies alone pull in a dependency on a tex
installation. But I already have MacTeX installed on my system, and am not
willing to install a second tex distro, just so that a few obscure packages can
build documentation that I'll then never use.

My question: Does Wine really need to build against esound and arts? Can't they
just be disabled via some suitable configure options? Shouldn't jack-dev be
sufficient to ensure sound output? At least on my 10.6 system, it seems to be...

Cheers,
Max