Dave,

I just noticed your post about libgeos not working in 10.7 with XCode
compilers.

I do know that libgeos 3.3.1 WILL successfully build in 10.7 with the XCode 4.2
clang compiler.  I'm using this libgeos with matplotlib-basemap 1.0.2 which
requires a fairly recent libgeos.  So far, things appear to work and provide
reasonable answers running on Lion compared to the older versions running on SL
(at least I haven't stumbled across anything obviously broken yet).

I don't remember if I tried libgeos 3.3.0 and had problems or just went and
rolled a .info file for 3.3.1 from the start since I was rolling .info files
for matplotlib 1.1.0 and basemap 1.0.2.

Merle