On 2/12/11 22:04, Jack Howarth wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 09:59:31PM +0100, Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
>> I installed llvm30 from your new package on the submission tracker. No
>> problem installing.
>>
>> Unfortunately, the fatal bug is still there: Building scribus with the
>> new clang fails exactly as with /usr/bin/clang:
[]
> I would suggest opening a PR on http://llvm.org/bugs/ against clang and
> attach the preprocessed
> source obtained with --save-temps for the failing compilation. This may be a
> corner-case not
> covered by r141515.

After looking at this some more, I am currently convinced that this is
actually a bug in the Scribus sources that is undetected by the other
compilers. I think clang is right, and the resemblance with the error
fixed by r141515 is a coincidence. But I am not a C++ inheritance lawyer.

In addition, I found a tiny patch that fools clang into overlooking the
error as well. With this patch, I am now able to build scribus on Lion,
with your new clang-3. With the old /usr/bin/clang (and the patch), the
compilation stops at the same place where llvm-g++-4.2 stops. Or rather,
it doesn't stop, it goes into an infinite loop.

Thus, the new clang-3 from your llvm30 package fixes an important bug,
and I am eager to see it added to Fink (maintainer CCed).