On 7/26/12 8:01 AM, David Lowe wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2012, at 7:18 AM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>
>> The current test rules that a machine is 64-bit capable if one of those
>> is set.
>
>       I get these results on 10.6.8:
>
> Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini:~ (228) $ sysctl hw.optional.x86_64
> hw.optional.x86_64: 0
> Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini:~ (229) $ sysctl hw.optional.64bitops
> second level name optional in hw.optional.64bitops is invalid
> Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini:~ (230) $ sysctl hw.cpu64bit_capable
> hw.cpu64bit_capable: 0
>
>       Did the middle result confuse things?
>
> Sent from Darlene-Lowes-Mac-mini
>
> I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!

What _really_ happens is that that the test uses 'sysctl -a' to get all
of the available fields, checks to see if one of those 3 fields is
present, and compares its value to the string "1".

But after careful checking, I think I've found the problem.  It looks
like the bootstrap script isn't doing things differently for 32-bit-only
Intel machines on 10.5/10.6 like it should.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison