Dear Hanspeter,

On 17.08.2014, at 21:18, Hanspeter Niederstrasser <f...@snaggledworks.com>
wrote:

> Dear Fink developers and users,
>
> I've just published the results of a buildworld run on a 10.9 system.
> The buildworld tries to build every package in the Fink tree from
> scratch on a clean environment and so will find packaging problems that
> may be hidden on a production system.

Thanks for that!

> The general report broken down by results category is here:
> http://www.snaggledworks.com/fink/buildworld/2014-07-24/out/report.html
>
> The listing by maintainer is here:
> http://www.snaggledworks.com/fink/buildworld/2014-07-24/out/maintindex.html

On both of these, there is a link to "failure category definitions", pointing to

  http://www.snaggledworks.com/fink/buildworld/2014-07-24/out/filters.xml

but this gives me a 404 error.

In any case, I fixed some of the issues you pointed out (in sdl2, fflas-ffpack,
mc, the-silver-searcher) but now am mostly left with
"failures/project/insufficient_permission" failures, but I am not quite sure
what the failure indicates. Perhaps this:

  cp: /sw/share/info/dir.bak: Permission denied

I think this is caused by the install-info tool and the fact that the affected
packages (e.g. grep) use the "InfoDocs" fields. I don't think a package author
can do much about that, can they? As such, perhaps you could check if the above
line is the only one with "permission denied", and in that case, demote the
"failure" to a "warning" ?

Cheers,
Max