On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, John Melby wrote:

> Thanks for the advice--but I'm afraid it doesn't apply in this case,

Ok ok sorry, I'm juget getting a little *too* used to people asking why
they need a compiler to, well, compile things, and I'm about ready to wrap
up a stock answer into a boilerplate that I can send out when the question
gets asked. Sorry I used you as a test case as far as that goes -- it
looked like Yet Another instance of that question had cropped up... :/

> Fink has been behaving consistently until today, which perhaps not
> coincidentally follows immediately upon the release of version 0.9.9.

*That* is a very relevant detail that I missed the first time :)

> The problem arises when makeinfo turns up missing. Everything else is
> there. And just for the record, when I use Apple's cc, my programs
> compile with no trouble at all.

Well in that case, if the problem really is related to the Fink upgrade,
then maybe this is a question for the developer's list? I dunno...

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/