At 22:06 Uhr -0600 22.03.2002, John Melby wrote:
>Thanks for the advice--but I'm afraid it doesn't apply in this case,
>since I've been using the Mac OS X Developer Tools from day one of
>their availability with the Public Beta, and I've been using XFree86
>with Fink for quite some time, having installed, among other things,
>Gimp, abiword, g77, etc., etc. with it. I'm currently running
>OroborOSX with XFree86 4.2.0 and XDarwin. Fink has been behaving
>consistently until today, which perhaps not coincidentally follows
>immediately upon the release of version 0.9.9.

I strongly doubt that this has any relation, as there is no change in
0.9.9 that could cause the problem you are seeing.

>The problem arises when makeinfo turns up missing.

This is a completly normal thing, happens with many packages, and I
am sure it happend a previously on your system, too, you just didn't
notice since it's rushing by quickly :-)

>  Everything else is there. And just for the record, when I use
>Apple's cc, my programs compile with no trouble at all.

As was mentioned by others before, Fink does use Apple's cc and nothing else.

Anyway, the error still hints at some problems with your development
tools. Do other packages compile fine? Also, it might be helpful to
send the config.log
from /sw/src/aalib-1.4rc4-5/aalib-1.4rc4/config.log to the package
mainainer for analysis.

Max