On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 11:17 PM, Derek Homeier wrote:

> For the (un)stable record: I have installed the current cvs versions of
> python and numeric-atlas, and as far as I have used them yet (not
> very much) found them to work well. Except for the interactive help in
> the python interpreter, which frequently causes python to crash with
> a Bus error. Happens especially when the search facility is used, a la
> "modules dinsdale".

I had a few other minor problems:

Some packages, such as scientificpython and pil install into
/sw/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ , though they don't explicitly require
python2.1. They are thus invisible to python2.2 unless you create symlinks
into /sw/lib/python2.2/site-packages.

Then, I found that env would fail to execute "#!/usr/bin/env python"
scripts with "env: python : No such file or directory".
Of course, /sw/bin is in my path, but how do I make that known to env?

Thanks,
                                                        Derek