>Is there some reason you aren't just using 'fink selfupdate' or 'fink
>selfupdate-cvs' to do the update, especially since the message the system
>gives you says that you are set up for it?

If that's all it is, then why all the documentation on the cvs access page?
Are you saying it's incorrect?
Nope, still something missing:
But when I run:
cd tempdir/packages
cvs -z3 update -d
./inject.pl
the return is:
The directory '/sw' contains a Fink installation that was set up to get
package descriptions directly from CVS. This script will not update this
installation. Run 'cvs update -d -P' in the directory '/sw/fink' instead.
I do, and it works, but it seems I am missing something.
Why the extra step?
And where does fink selfupdate-cvs come in?