At 0:38 Uhr +0200 01.06.2002, Marcel Huber wrote:
>  >but when you configure the php dbger do a ./configure --prefix=/sw  that
>>will tell it to look in /sw, most of the time this is all you need but it
>>might be a little more complex and you just might want to add it to the
>>fink request tracker.
>
>I know the process about ./configure; make; make install and setting
>arguments. Unfortunately I have never worked with buildconf, so I have
>now clue how to handle it.
>
>By the way in /sw/bin I find glibtool but no libtool?

Yes, because libtool is an OS X application that works very different
from GNU libtool. However, no program ever should call libtool
directly. libtool is custom build for every tool. The binary that is
"interesting" to programs is libtoolize, which generates the sources
for the actual (package specific) libtool; these sources in turn will
be assembled to the actual libtool script by configure.

Sadly, many people misused the installed libtool binary to check for
the existance of libtool - most notable, *all* GNOME package do
these, wrongly. I requested them to change their detection code to
use libtoolize, but never got a reply :-(

Anyway, in you case I assume you will have to change the configure
script and how it checks for libtool. My guess is that it tries to
call libtool, too, and you could probably change that to a call to
libtoolize to fix it.

Cheers,

Max
Max Horn