Hi Max,

>At 16:21 Uhr +0200 02.06.2002, Marcel Huber wrote:
>
>[...]
>

>>I had a go by 'cp glibtool libtool' which let me run ./builconf. But
>>running ./configure produces no make file which made a quick end to my
>>attempts.
>>
>>What do you think about having a dummy 'libtool' which redirects that
>>libtool calls to 'libtoolize' as a general solution to the GNU libtool
>>problem? I have some programing skills and would offer some time to work
>>on this. Unfortunately   I don't have much experience about the 'OS X'
>>environment.
>
>Nope, this is not a solution :-) What you describe could be achieved
>with a simple symlink ("man ln"). But that would be wrong, if at all
>one would symlink libtool to point to glibtool (just as libtoolize is
>simply a symlink to glibtoolize right now). But I didn't do that on
>purpose, for else we would shadow the Apple libtool, which in turn
>causes build problem in ProjectBuilder and is not a good idea
>henceforth.
>

>>As you suggested I will try to change the ./buildconf call from libtool
>>to libtoolize.
>>
>>Thanks a lot for your help
>
>Sure thing.

I did change buildcheck.sh with success. ./buildconf runs witch warnings
but there is still no make file produced by ./configure.

1. Do I have to change all libtool calls to libtoolize. As you know I try
to compile php4.1.2

2. On <http://www.php.net/anoncvs.php> there's a note that php has a
problem with libtool 1.4.2 which I actually use:

"There seem to be problems with libtool 1.4.2. It is suggested that you
use libtool 1.4, along with the most current versions of autoconf and
automake. You should also ensure that autoconf, automake and libtool are
installed in the same directory."

Where do I get a suitable libtool version.

Best regards
Marcel