Hi Max

>At 0:38 Uhr +0200 01.06.2002, Marcel Huber wrote:
>>  >but when you configure the php dbger do a ./configure --prefix=/sw  that
>>>will tell it to look in /sw, most of the time this is all you need but it
>>>might be a little more complex and you just might want to add it to the
>>>fink request tracker.
>>
>>I know the process about ./configure; make; make install and setting
>>arguments. Unfortunately I have never worked with buildconf, so I have
>>now clue how to handle it.
>>
>>By the way in /sw/bin I find glibtool but no libtool?
>
>Yes, because libtool is an OS X application that works very different
>from GNU libtool. However, no program ever should call libtool
>directly. libtool is custom build for every tool. The binary that is
>"interesting" to programs is libtoolize, which generates the sources
>for the actual (package specific) libtool; these sources in turn will
>be assembled to the actual libtool script by configure.
>
>Sadly, many people misused the installed libtool binary to check for
>the existance of libtool - most notable, *all* GNOME package do
>these, wrongly. I requested them to change their detection code to
>use libtoolize, but never got a reply :-(
>
>Anyway, in you case I assume you will have to change the configure
>script and how it checks for libtool. My guess is that it tries to
>call libtool, too, and you could probably change that to a call to
>libtoolize to fix it.

I had a go by 'cp glibtool libtool' which let me run ./builconf. But
running ./configure produces no make file which made a quick end to my
attempts.

What do you think about having a dummy 'libtool' which redirects that
libtool calls to 'libtoolize' as a general solution to the GNU libtool
problem? I have some programing skills and would offer some time to work
on this. Unfortunately   I don't have much experience about the 'OS X'
environment.

As you suggested I will try to change the ./buildconf call from libtool
to libtoolize.

Thanks a lot for your help
Marcel