The truth is, do you want to run OS X or, do you want to run Linux?
There's no reason to choose OS X over Linux just because it comes
preinstalled on laptops.  Any preinstalled Linux distro is going to be
outdated shortly anyway, unless you're using superstable Potato or
something.  (Can you even get Debian preinstalled?)

I use Mac OS X because I love Mac OS X.  I like BBEdit, and OmniGraffle,
and the interface itself.  I like having access to Terminal when I want
it, and I like having X11 and the Fink-installed packages available
too.  I'm not a Linux guru, though I like it and run Slack on an old
P100, so the fact that my OS X box has yet to give me a single serious
problem and takes a lot of the work out of running a *nix variant is
pretty nice.  But if you're happy with Debian, I can't think of a
compelling reason to use OS X.

Those are my thoughts.

Erik