Attempts to build both postgresql & postgresql-ssl are failing for me with
a ranlib error. The following comes from the build logs I've collected:

*******************

% tail -7 postgresql*
==> postgresql-ssl_2002.07.15.13:54:08 <==
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /sw/lib/libpq.a is out of date; rerun
ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
make[3]: *** [libpq++.4.0.so] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
### (source failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling postgresql-ssl-7.2.1-1 failed

==> postgresql_2002.07.15.14:22:13 <==
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /sw/lib/libpq.a is out of date; rerun
ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
make[3]: *** [libpq++.4.0.so] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
### (source failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling postgresql-7.2.1-1 failed

I will rerun ranlib as instructed, and see if that works overnight,
but is this something that needs to be patched in the packages too?

--
Chris Devers   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DO  NOT  LEAVE  IT  IS  NOT  REAL