On 8/29/02 6:10 PM, "Ben Hines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you compile the command-line emacs yourself you will have the same
> problems - the carbon emacs you suggest using (obviously) does not use
> ncurses.
Actually, Carbon emacs also fails in -nw mode. Failure modes vary: SEGV on
an xterm; on a Terminal, it looks OK at first but a command as simple as
version crashes emacs with "Fatal error (6).Abort trap". It certainly looks
as if 10.2 mangled terminal ops pretty good.

> Fernando wrote:
>> This will not work unless makeinfo from texinfo 4.2 is available on
>> your
>> binary search path. The version from fink is too old.
>
> Why not email the maintainer and ask him to update the package to 4.2?
> I bet he would do it within a day.
I didn't because I didn't know if 4.2 was bleeding edge, I just got it to
build Carbon emacs, which I need for other reasons.

-- F