In response to Ben Hines:

It would be better if you could post sample fortran code so we can replicate the problem.
OK, but this f2c snag is clearly not a problem in the fortran code. We have tried with four different fortran files, and in all four we have had exactly the same exact problem occur. In all of them we get 6 lines of text in the .c file, and the body of the program itself does not get translated. The fortran program that I mentioned in my previous messages is a trivial program, the purpose of which is merely to check if f2c can do its job. The name of the program (forpract.f) stands for "fortran practice". Here it is:

PROGRAM FORPRACT
DIMENSION PROPM(16)
OPEN(UNIT=55,FILE='FILE55',STATUS='OLD')
OPEN(UNIT=66,FILE='FILE66',STATUS='OLD')

READ(55,25)A
WRITE(66,25)A
READ(55,25)B
25 FORMAT(F10.3)
C=13.4

D=(A+B)*C

WRITE(66,48)D
48 FORMAT(F8.2)
STOP
END

Does anyone know what the problem in my friend's system might be?

Why doesn't "your friend" email the list himself?

-Ben
My friend is a professional colleague who works in my same area of research. Last summer I found that he was using Mac OS-X, but only for small things, such as email and PowerPoint. I mentioned to him that with OS-X it is possible to do scientific work very well, and that I was using it for all my own research work. A couple of weeks ago he contacted me to say that he was ready to "take the plunge" into OS-X, and asked me if I would help him in doing this. In my best apostolic vein, I have been guiding him through the process, but we have hit this snag with f2c. My friend is a bright guy, and computer literate in Windows, but he does not know hardly any UNIX, although he is working hard to improve. Given this, I don't think it would be a good idea to tell him now: "OK, I don't know how to solve this problem, but there is a fink user's group that may be of help. You should contact them. Best of luck. Good-bye." I am passing on to him the relevant messages that I am getting from this group, but I have a commitment to do a lot of the "digging" for him.

Jesus Dapena
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Dapena
Department of Kinesiology
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405-7109, USA

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 1-812-855-8407
web: http://www.indiana.edu/~sportbm/home.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------------------
This sf.net email is sponsored by: See the NEW Palm Tungsten T handheld. Power & Color in a compact size!
http://ads.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?palm0001en
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to