On Saturday, November 2, 2002, at 05:12  PM, Peter Lichtner wrote:

I have XFree 86 4.2.0.1 installed from XonX. I did not install it from fink because I only have a slow modem connection at home.

That's why PBs are portable, eh? ;-)
But this probably explains -- seems as if XonX does not install headers and probably neither development libs, or they might come in a separate package. You may want to check the contents of your /usr/X11R6/include/X11, but you will probably have to get the headers and libraries and rebuild gnuplot to get x11 support.

HTH,
Derek