Martin Costabel wrote:

Roman Poeschl wrote:
[]

which cc
/sw/bin/cc

cc -v
???? (Nothing happens)

Looks like a broken ccache installation. ccache-default installs /sw/bin/cc as a symlink to /sw/bin/ccache from the ccache package, which in turn calls your real compilers. I don't know why it doesn't give you a decent error message and just sits there, but I would try (after having looked at "ls -ls /sw/bin/cc*" and "fink list ccache") to
- first remove /sw/bin/cc (it's only a symlink, after all), and
- then fink rebuild ccache ccache-default (or remove it altogether)

Hi Martin and Peter,

that was it. I guess it was the missing symlink between from /sw/bin/cc to /sw/bin/ccache. In fact I found the file 'cc' having the same size as 'ccache' (So it was in my case
not a link at all).

After having removed /sw/bin/cc I could rebuild ccache and ccache-default. I then created the symlink between /sw/bin/ccache and /sw/bin/cc by hand (it was not done automatically by the rebuild procedure) and I could run 'fink list' without a problem. 'fink install someting' also seems to proceed now again without any problem.

Thanks once more for all your helped. I am once more impressed.

Cheers,

Roman