On Oct 26, 2003, at 11:03 AM, Gavin Sherlock wrote:

I have Apple's X11 installed, with the SDK (both from
Panther), though I am unable to rebuild the system-xfree86
package, which gives an error:

As per earlier messages from benjamin Reed, you don't want to, the new fink does that automatically. Indeed, you should remove all of the system-xfree86* packages using
sudo dpkg -r --force-all system-xfree86
and similar for the system-xfree86-* packages.
Any help would be much appreciated.

I've been able to update emacs21 without any problem. If it still fails after you do the above, you need a real wizard ;-)

-- F