-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Felix Ingrand
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 5:25 AM
To: Fink Users
Subject: [Fink-users] [PANTHER] Emacs 20 in a bad state...

I am using dselect to update to 10.3 but I ran in a pb with emacs 20 (which
I did not even remember installing)... that I cannot now remove... nor
reinstall...

Is there a way to force remove it or force reinstall it which can fix this
pb?

PS: I fixed my  /sw/etc/apt/sources.list which now contains:

deb http://us.dl.sourceforge.net/fink/direct_download 10.3/release main

Thanks in advance,

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
dpkg: error processing emacs20 (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
(Reading database ... 35957 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing emacsen-common ...
emacsen-common: Handling removal of emacsen flavor emacs
emacsen-common: Handling removal of emacsen flavor emacs20
emacsen-common: purging byte-compiled files for emacs20
 emacs20
E: Sub-process /sw/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to continue.

installation script returned error exit status 100.
Press <enter> to continue.

running dpkg --pending --configure ...
running dpkg --pending --remove ...
dpkg: error processing emacs20 (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 emacs20

dpkg --remove returned error exit status 1.
Press <enter> to continue.

--
     Felix