On Feb 24, 2004, at 6:44 PM, d0k wrote:

Dear all,
I've many question for you, so let's start. I've done everything u told me
to make xmms work. So I've installed the 1.2.8-1 on my powerbook itanium
with 10.3.2, after removing ~/.xmms directory. Something work better the
try to play it xmms returns an error: oss_open(): Failed to open audio
device /dev/dsp: NO such file
And that's true there's no /dev/dsp no /dev/audio nothing similar to an
audio device..
Why this??

<AKH> Those are Linux audio device entries--that's very odd.

Regards
Andrea
PS Just another strange things I've followed the faq about unstable software
installation but my fink doesn't create any
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/finkinfo

<AKH> This is normal--you have to create the directory yourself (I thought I said that in the FAQ).

and I've edited the /sw/etc/fink.conf
as told in the faq. Strangest is also the fact that I found the package
without moving any .info file but just with fink index and fink list xmms.

<AKH> 1.2.8-1 got moved to stable today--that's probably why.

There's something wrong in my fink installation and not only in xmms? Other
software like wget work.

Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documentarian
Day Job:  Levitated Dipole Experiment