Is there a way to have fink and darwin ports packages recognize each
other? I prefer fink, but there are a few packages that darwin ports
has a newer version that I need. When I try to compile that package
it wants to build a whole list of dependencies that I already have
installed through fink.

What I'm trying to build is Gourmet http://grecipe-
manager.sourceforge.net, which gives me errors with PyGTK not being
newer than 2.3.9. Darwin Ports has py-gtk2 2.8.6, fink has pygtk2-
py24 2.6.3-1001. I've tried installing PyGTK from the offical
sources, but am having problems chasing down dependencies(including
gtk, which wants an old jpg lib I can't seem to get to work...)

I desperately want Gourmet to work and am hoping that the newer
version of PyGTK at DP will solve my problems, but don't want to have
a another whole section of pythons, gettext, etc... as I am getting
really short on disk space.

If there is someone who will work with me to get gourmet running, I
would really appreciate it. The gourmet mailing list never answers
Mac questions. I'd love to get it running and to build a fink package.