On Aug 3, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:
> or you can teach the configure.in script about the existence of
> bundles by adding two lines to their Darwin corner:
>
> case $build_os in
>   Darwin*)
>     SHLIB_SUFFIX=".dylib"
>     SHLIB_LD="g++ -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress"
>     STRIP_FLAGS=-S
>     ;;
>
> Here you could introduce new variables BUNDLE_SUFFIX and BUNDLE_LD
> and then modify the Makefile.in file to use these two for the
> python module. There are certainly a couple of other possibilities
> to achieve the same goal.

Changed configure.in to:
case $build_os in
   Darwin*)
     SHLIB_SUFFIX=".dylib"
     SHLIB_LD="g++ -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -undefined suppress"
     STRIP_FLAGS=-S
     BUNDLE_SUFFIX=".so"
     BUNDLE_LD="g++ -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress"

and Makefile.in :

Mk4py$(BUNDLE_SUFFIX): $(PYOBJS) $(LOBJS) $(LINK_SPECIAL_FILES)
        $(BUNDLE_LD) -o $@ $(PYOBJS) $(LOBJS) $(LINK_SPECIAL_FLAGS)

and am still receiving the metakit import error when running gourmet.

There is this in makefile.in:

Mk4py$(LIB_SUFFIX): $(PYOBJS) $(LOBJS)
        ar cru $@ $(PYOBJS) $(LOBJS)
        ranlib $@

do I need to do something with it? also:

install-python: Mk4py$(LIBEXT)
        $(INSTALL_PROGRAM) Mk4py$(LIBEXT) $(DESTDIR)$(pylibdir)
        $(INSTALL_PROGRAM) $(srcdir)/../python/metakit.py $(DESTDIR)$(pylibdir)
and

python: Makefile Mk4py$(LIBEXT)

Does BUNDLE_SUFFIX and BUNDLE_LD and replace SHLIB_SUFFIX and
SHLIB_LD? Is there something I need to do with (LIBEXT)?

Or is this from configure.in the reason it is not a bundle, LIBEXT
being set to SHLIB_SUFFIX which is .dylib?

if test $SHARED_BUILD = 1; then
   LIBEXT=$SHLIB_SUFFIX
else
   LIBEXT=$LIB_SUFFIX