Martin Costabel wrote:

> I guess pogma needs to add another patch for autoconf-2.64.
> Or Fink needs to go back to autoconf-2.63.

Well, gcc requires the use of specific, non-vendor patched versions of
the autotools, the version of autoconf currently required is 2.59. Using
any other version to autoreconf gcc is problematic. Ralf, Paolo etc are
working on updating gcc's autoconf to 2.64 for gcc-4.5.x.

Still, I hope that the use of undocumented m4 sugar and autoconf macros
in the wild is minimal. I am still willing to revert the autoconf
package to 2.63 and increment the epoch, I am not willing to patch
autoconf to keep previous behaviour for m4_copy and m4_rename just for
the gcc42 package though.

Martin, in your opinion is the new autoconf package too incompatible to
keep being named 'autoconf'?

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman