On 04/11/2009, at 17:36, Nathaniel Echols wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Daniel Macks <dma...@netspace.org>
> wrote:
>> Fink has an internal setting to allow propagation of the MAKEFLAGS
>> shell environment variable into the build process (fink usually
>> blanks
>> this field as part of its environment-consistency policy). That way a
>> user can decide what to do, but has to do it explicitly (and with
>> knowledge that some packages may have build problems (but if they are
>> reported, those packages can expliticly re-set -j1)). There's info on
>> Fink Wiki I think.
>
> The first reply I got said that Fink wipes out all environment
> variables.
> Whether or not this is the case, setting MAKEFLAGS has no impact on
> the
> compilation of gcc44.

Hello, Nathaniel. Fink's development branch now reads a user
configurable fink.conf entry that specifies the maximum number of
simultaneous build jobs, i.e., the N in MAKEFLAGS=-jN. This is an opt-
in feature: package maintainers will have to change their package
descriptions in order to enable that setting – some of the maintainers
are already testing it and we've got positive feedback, so it's quite
probable that it will be available in fink's next release.

Cheers,

--
monipol
http://finkers.wordpress.com

Submitting a Fink bug report? Read this:
http://www.finkproject.org/doc/netiquette/index.php
http://finkers.wordpress.com/2009/06/03/bug-reports/