On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Nat Echols <nathaniel.ech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Alexander Hansen
> <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Reinstalling Fink generally doesn't help as much as people assume,
>> unless your issue is due to cross-contamination from non-Fink sources.
>> If that's not the case, then normally you will wind up right back where
>> you were before, since Fink tries to be deterministic.
>>
>> Does it consistently freeze at the same point?
>
> Yes.  I'm not sure what would cause cross-contamination; I haven't installed
> anything new recently.

It wouldn't necessarily need to be recent.

>> I've had similar errors over the years on OS X, but never in a
>> systematic place in a Fink build, and I was able to proceed by rebooting
>> the machine.
>
> I think I may have tried this already, but I'll try again.  I need to
> install the 64-bit version from scratch anyway for unrelated debugging
> purposes, so I'm hoping that will just work.
> thanks,
> Nat

I tried svn-swig-pm5100-1.6.11-1 (and its dependency chain, including
svn) on my own 10.6/32-bit setup and had no problems, so it doesn't
appear to be anything glaringly bad in the packaging, but there's
always the chance of something subtle being uncovered.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
akh AT finkproject DOT org