Hi Hanspeter,

> Fink's ffmpeg is currently 2 years old, so it is possible that joining
> pictures into a movie doesn't work in that version.  The maintainer has
> been busy and unable to update to the newer version.

Ah, I'm a bit surprised about this. I'd have thought that combining images
into a movie would be among the very first features of ffmpeg since
creating movies seems to be more basical than converting existing ones.

> I have a test version of ffmpeg-0.5.1 available here
> <http://cvs.snaggledworks.com/viewvc.cgi/fink/3rdparty/main/finkinfo/graphics/>
> that you can try (and it does join PNGs to a movie with this command:
> ffmpeg -f image2 -i pic%d.png foo.mp4).

Maybe, when I find time.

Unfortunately, I currently don't have too much time to make some big
experiments on my system (does this version spread its components over the
whole standard system paths as most installations do?) unless I am forced
to.

> FFmpeg 0.6 just came out and I'll try to make a version of it available
> for testing (maybe this weekend).

Ah, thanks, if this is really no big deal, this would be fine!

Best wishes,

Ingo
Ingo Thies
Argelander-Institut fuer Astronomie (AIfA)
Sternwarte, University of Bonn
Auf dem Huegel 71, D-53121 Bonn, Germany
Tel : +49 (0)228 73-3659
Mail: ith...@astro.uni-bonn.de