On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:58:57AM +0100, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 15.02.2013 um 09:09 schrieb Martin Costabel:
>
> > It is an indication that at that time, the header file /sw/include/iconv.h
> > was not included correctly.
>
> GCC offers -idirafter. The argument following, a directory with C header
> files, is then searched last. Using
>
>       -idirafter /usr/include
>
> should guarantee that the system's iconv.h is not used when Fink's version of
> this file exists. This worked well quite a few times for me.
>
> Besides, adding -H to CPPFLAGS or CFLAGS should reveal which header file is
> actually used during compilation.

This bug is quite bizarre. It is still quite unclear why removing
-Wl,-search_paths_first had any impact as the linker
in Xcode 4 is supposed to be defaulting to this option already. Also, this
problem was entirely reproducible earlier.
Now if I build packaging with the hack omitted for adding -L%p/lib, the problem
doesn't reoccur.