Hello,

At 18:02 -0700 on 2014-4-18 Alexander Hansen wrote:

 > On 4/18/14, 3:23 PM, Stefan Bruda wrote:
 > >
 > > Hence my question: Is it possible to resume a build process from some
 > > user-defined point (say, from after fetching, unpacking, and
 > > patching), so that the (new) build process will use the (possibly
 > > modified) source already prepared in the build directory?  If so, how?
 >
 > There's currently no option under the fink command to do this.
 >
 > In principle, you could:
 >
 > 1) manually set the build environment up as Fink does, e.g. all of the
 > environment settings from "fink dumpinfo -fenv <packagename>" along with
 > any settings from the CompileScript.
 >
 > 2) Manually do your build, repeating as necessary after patching to
 > complete it.
 >
 > 3) Manually run the commands contained within the InstallScript of the
 > package.
 >
 > 4) Manually run what fink does to generate a .deb file.  I believe those
 > commands are all contained within /sw/lib/perl5/Fink/PkgVersion.pm

Fair enough I guess, though some command to do the above (just the
compile phase really, there is no real need to do the install like
this) would be tremendously useful to developers.  Oh well, maybe one
day I will get the time to learn enough Perl to try it myself...

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>