On 4/26/14, 8:00 PM, sd-finker wrote:
> So, I'm confused. Not being able to determine XFree86 version error is
> normal?
>
> Could you suggest a package I could try to install for test purposes?
>
> Also, does Fink accept the same commands as apt-get. I.E. "Purge" "Remove",
> etc.

xcircuit springs to mind as an example package.

In this context normal means "operates as designed", so that you can
work with anything that doesn't require the X11 virtual packages to be
present.  It's not clear yet why the detection is failing, but it seems
local to your system--my X11 detection is fine on 10.9, for example.

I just thought of something, though, which would be whether your fink
version is correct, since I forgot to ask you earlier.  What do you get
from "fink -V" ?

The command verbs that fink uses are similar to those used by apt-get,
but they're not identical.  "install", "remove" and "purge" are present.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison