Here is what fink told me when I first tried selfupdate on Yosemite beta:

"[pMac2:~] payam2% fink selfupdate

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:

We don't support updates from 10.9 to 10.10.
Check the 'Clean Upgrade' section of /sw/share/doc/fink/INSTALL
or /sw/share/doc/fink/INSTALL.html for information about
how to proceed.

'selfupdate' operation not permitted."

Should I try fink reinstall fink, and then selfupdate?

Payam

--
"Self-assertion, in philosophic speculation as elsewhere, views the world as a
means to its own ends; thus it makes the world of less account than Self, and