On 10/17/14, 8:24 AM, Alessio Sarti wrote:
> Dear all.
> I am trying to reinstall/upgrade fink on the freshly downloaded
> Yosemite, but I am failing...
> If I try the "hack" proposed here
> https://www.mail-archive.com/fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg40078.html
> I hit the wall of having now Darwin14* something : $gcc is
> uninitialized... and fink reinstall fink stops...

It's better to posting the _exact_ error message.  It's normally really
hard to understand what's going on from a paraphrased version of it.

> What is the recommended way to proceed in order to have fink working
> with Yosemite?
> Thanks!
>
> Alessio Sarti
>
> "Rispondi... livato" (Da "L'uomo che non capiva troppo", 610, Lillo e Greg)

Indeed, the release fink doesn't know about Darwin 14.  Try grabbing the
pre-release source via the zip file download link on

https://github.com/fink/fink/tree/HalfDome

Then in a terminal, "cd" into the unpacked directory, and then run
"./inject.pl".
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison