On 17/ott/2014, at 17:57, Alexander Hansen <alexanderk.han...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/14, 8:24 AM, Alessio Sarti wrote:
>> Dear all.
>> I am trying to reinstall/upgrade fink on the freshly downloaded
>> Yosemite, but I am failing...
>> If I try the "hack" proposed here
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg40078.html
>> I hit the wall of having now Darwin14* something : $gcc is
>> uninitialized... and fink reinstall fink stops...
>>

> It's better to posting the _exact_ error message.  It's normally really hard
> to understand what's going on from a paraphrased version of it.

you are right, I was hoping for some "not yet fully advised" standard procedure
for the upgrade that superseded the "fink reinstall fink" trick...

Anyway: it seems that my first and too quick attempt  to run the
fink reinstall fink
command managed to complicate everything.

Now:
-> if I try a fink list command I just see 438 packages (out of the thousands I
used to see) and all of them are makrked as *i*
instead of the usual
-> if I try a
fink reinstall fink
to reproduce the problem, instead I get this error
not a reference at /sw/lib/perl5/Fink/Services.pm line 1885.

-> I have also tried what  you propose (to use the inject.pl script from
HalfDome) but I get:
The directory '/sw' (guessed) does not contain a Fink installation. Please
provide the correct path as a parameter to this script.

So: I am pretty sure than now I have to restart from scratch...
Any advice on how to proceed?
Thanks a lot!
alessio