On Jan 24, 2014, at 5:11 PM, yuan wang <rose.w...@tufts.edu> wrote:

> All the operations made on CellVariables will be stored as
> binaryOperatorVariables. The operation is not actually conducted, until the
> result is requested by numpy.array() or .value operation. It's like the
> operations are just doing book keeping of the account, but the numpy.array()
> method encash the final values.  Even though, the operators will work the
> same on CellVariables as on numpy arrays.

As Daniel said, this is an accurate understanding.

> I wrote something like a = b*c, but it does not work. An error pop up saying,
> "TypeError: The value of an `_OperatorVariable` cannot be assigned"

Can you tell us exactly what you did to generate this error? It is not possible
to have gotten this error from writing "a = b*c", no matter what a, b, or c
are. Python syntax just doesn't work that way.

I believe you got the error, and if you tell us exactly what code you wrote and
what you are trying to accomplish, it will help us direct you to the right
expression.