Hi Daniel

I just spent a little time looking through the C++ code in the heart of
Scikit-fmm before I replied, and while it's not as overwhelming as I
feared, modifying it to handle non-uniform grids is probably more than
I'm going to be able to take on in the immediate future.

On a more general note, although nonuniform 2D Cartesian grids are all
that I envision using for my own work in the foreseeable future, do you
know if others are using more complicated grids, for example cylindrical
ones, for level set problems?  I haven't tested those, but from what I
can see in the FiPy documentation and the (FiPy 3.0) distanceVariable.py
code, it looks like that python code could actually handle those more
general cases.  However even an enhanced version of skfmm would still be
limited to Cartesian grids.

I will play around with the skfmm code and the FiPy 3.0
distanceVariable.py code a little more to see if I really understand how
it works and, for the former, what would be required to make it more
general.  But for the immediate future I'm probably going to fall back
to FiPy 3.0 to finish up the current Enceladus project.  It should work
fine for that even if the runs take longer than I might like.

Thanks again.

Bob Howell