On 11/08/2014 07:54, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
> 11.08.2014 12:47, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
>> The hack approach dependent on compilers details is the one we use
>> currently.
>    Currently used pure abstract classes are exactly like in COM. And "The
> Component Object
> Model specifies a *programming-language-independent _binary standard_ for
> object
> implementations* (i.e., it specifies what the implementation of the objects
> has to look
> like). Any object conforming to this standard is a legitimate Windows Object,
> no matter
> what language is used to implement it." http://www.objs.com/x3h7/ole2.htm
>    To make current interface completely compatible with MS COM (Delphi/FPC
> IInterface) it
> is enough to add a single method - QueryInterface. All this was already
> discussed years ago.

And who says C++ compilers vendors needs to:
1) implement vtable-compatible layout in Windows
2) implement vtable-compatible layout in non-Windows

?

Sure Microsoft thinks they dominate the Worlds, but...

The current approach of guessing the C++ vtable is compatible between
compilers (be it or not about COM classes) is a hack at least for
non-Windows platforms who may use different and non-standard ABIs.

Adriano