11.08.2014 14:15, Alex Peshkoff wrote:
> I also do not understand what's bad in maintaining vtable ourself.

   Amount of code needed for poring it to other languages. With standard COM
model it is
enough to define interface. With hand-made VMT one has to write quite big
routines for
filling them.
   This approach is of type "let's make it equally hard for everyone":
compilers that has
support of COM out-of-box won't be able to use it, resulting in ugly
workarounds and
requirements to call Release manually everywhere.
   As far as I read, .NET languages can work with COM object directly. By using
hand-made
VMT you'll throw them off-board.

--
   WBR, SD.