At 03:25 p.m. 7/10/2015, Claudio Valderrama C. wrote:
> [...]

At no stage did I attempt to write files in a volume's root.  In the example
above, for instance, h:\externalfiles already existed.

>and also it has more checks applied to directories outside one's profile
>dir.
>Can you create a text file inside h:\externalfiles?

Yes - anywhere on the system.  For example, if I get a text file as an
attachment and open it from my mail reader, I can save it then to anywhere I
like.

I wonder who is the "user" to which Windows is denying access everywhere except
within Firebird's own root structure.  On my system, I am user 'helen', which
is an administrator.  I seem to recall from some ancient discussion that the
Firebird service runs under user 'localsystem'.  I don't know how that applies
to Fb 2.5, though.

Helen