On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:43:11PM +0300, alex wrote:

> 25.03.2016 22:48, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes пишет:
> > Em 25/03/2016 16:24, Dmitry Yemanov escreveu:
> >> This gives us a buildno counted in days, not in commits (as now).
> >>
> > In practive it's not different.
> >
> > Doesn't the script is running per day like was in svn?
> >
> > Right, that means the snapshot build has a "perfect" buildno, but the
> > people who download zip does not.
> >
> > With the solution above, we can make snapshot builds to checkout tree or
> > 00:00 hour of the given date, so it can have a perfect buildno that we
> > can convert to date as well.
>
> One question - if there are no commits for some days (typical for stable
> branches) will buildno anyway be incremented every day? If yes IMHO this
> is not good.

Both Adriano's and my proposal calculate the build number from the
(commit) date of the latest commit, not current date. So if there is a
commit on Friday and next is on Monday, you get the same build number
for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday snapshot (assuming snapshots are
taken on midnight or shortly after) but it is raised by 3 once the
Monday commit appears. In other words, there is no need to build a new
daily snapshot if there are no commits since the last one.

                                                         Michal Kubecek