19.05.2018 17:11, Vlad Khorsun via Firebird-devel wrote:
   Also, i want to speak about possible extension of the feature. I think it
would
be good to have new monitoring table with list of all external connections. Not
sure if we should allow to DELETE here but it should be at least considered too.
It will replace two of four new context variables (EXT_CONN_POOL_IDLE_COUNT and
EXT_CONN_POOL_ACTIVE_COUNT). Next step could be to implement external pool as
database object and allow user to CREATE\ALTER\DROP multiply pools. Another
little
improvement could be new property of pooled connection - recycle time. It means
that
even if connection is actively used it should be closed after "recycle time" (of
course when it become inactive).

   What do you think ?

Say, there are two databases using different security databases/plugins. In one database user John used an external connection and leaved it idle. In other database user John use external connection and see that the connection is moved from idle pool to active pool. Now second John know that his password is the same with first John.

--
  WBR, SD.