20.05.2018 12:38, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
19.05.2018 18:44, Vlad Khorsun via Firebird-devel wrote:
   Nothing special was done in this area - GTT contents will be preserved.
The same for context variables.

   So, we have a question - should we clear session-level state when connection
become unused (or when it about to be re-used) ?

  I'd suggest to add to EDS an option to use "isolated" connection, which is guaranteed the connection to be new and after use to be deleted, not returned to pool.

  Why one should need it ? If one don't want to use pool - just disable it.

  Or, better yet, create a table of "dblinks" which can be used as EDS and add this option as a flag to the table. With this table database developer/administrator can decide when using or not using of pool. It may have other usages as well: simplify ES ON EDS syntax, allow to preset (and hide) connection credential, limit usage of EDS to chosen users, etc.

  I plan to introduce new database object "EXTERNAL DATA SOURCE" since initial
implementation of EXECUTE STATEMENT ON EXTERNAL, but I never have time\priority
to implement it, unfortunately.

  The question at this topic is: should we add some way to clear session state
when
connection is known to be reused ? If yes - how it should be seen by a user (SQL
statement, API call, both ?)

Regards,
Vlad