20.05.2018 13:00, Vlad Khorsun via Firebird-devel wrote:
   I'd suggest to add to EDS an option to use "isolated" connection, which is guaranteed the connection to be new and after use to be deleted, not returned to pool.

   Why one should need it ? If one don't want to use pool - just disable it.

For example, if there is a routine for adding a user to remote database which use SET ROLE RDB$ADMIN for temporary bust of privileges. It won't be a good idea to leave such connection in pool for reuse. But such single routine is not a reason to disable pool for whole server.

  The question at this topic is: should we add some way to clear session state
when
connection is known to be reused ? If yes - how it should be seen by a user (SQL
statement, API call, both ?)

  SQL statement (something like ALTER SESSION RESET) is fine for me.

--
  WBR, SD.