On 1/10/19 6:36 PM, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
10.01.2019 15:35, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
If we want to support Centos 7 (latest stable Centos release) we will have to use dinosaur gcc4 i.e. same version we use to build FB3.

Side-note: "if" is a right word. Personally I would not hesitate to drop support for dinosaurs leaving them with private build (and private prices).

I want to have an answer what minimal changes (is -fabi... enough for example) are needed to make it run on centos7. Next it will be possible to decide should it make sense to use such solution or not. And this should be first of all decided by those who can provide private services mentioned by you - is it needed or not.

PS. Personally I would prefer not to build any public binaries (except may be docker) at all. Most of open source projects go that way. But due to well known historical reasons we have to leave with such binaries, and if such packages ar released desire to support as much of distros as possible appears reasonable.