On 2/16/19 6:59 PM, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 16-2-2019 16:04, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
16.02.2019 15:57, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
I was wondering if it was considered to also set these options through the DPB. Especially for time zone support, I'm currently considering not supporting this for Java 7 in Jaybird, and it would save some headaches if it were possible to control this through the DPB (eg explicit property or maybe using isc_dpb_config) instead of having to execute a statement after connect.

   One question: how are you going to decide whether these DPB options must be set (server is 4.0) or not (server 3.0-)?

Thanks, I forgot about the minor annoyance of not being able to use unknown DPB items on lower versions.

Guys, you are mixing DPB & SPB. In crazy designed SPB one really can't use unknown for server items - server does not know how to skip unknown iten and proceed to next. DPB (both v1 & v2) has absolutely regular structure, one can safely add new items to it, old server can and will skip them.

That does not mean that I like an idea of duplicating session tuning in DPB cause I do not see good reasons for it. Start session and issue startup sequence of SQL statements.