On 05-04-2020 17:21, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 05/04/2020 05:22, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
05.04.2020 9:46, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
Although I'm all for following the standard, I wonder of making this
change is the right one to do.

The current behaviour makes a lot of sense to me, and I'm not sure if
the behaviour defined by the standard will make things understandable
for users.

   I'm agree with Mark

I also agree that the current behavior is much better.

On the other hand, we have others weird standard behaviors (CASE with
string literals producing CHAR result, for example). Maybe we regret to
did it in the standard way and would create it in a better way if it's
doing today?

So I do not have a problem either way we decide.

Would like to know Dmitry opinion.

The problem we resolve with current solution is resolved in the standard
way with cast(value at local as timestamp).

If we do decide to follow the standard in this regard, then I would recommend that we make an exception for the conversion applied by the bind of TIME ZONE (or a specific time zone type) to LEGACY to convert using the session time zone.

Mark Rotteveel