On 05/04/2020 12:40, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> If we do decide to follow the standard in this regard, then I would
> recommend that we make an exception for the conversion applied by the
> bind of TIME ZONE (or a specific time zone type) to LEGACY to convert
> using the session time zone.

SET BIND just changes automatic described types.

Types used by client messages (which generally but not always comes from
the described types) works likes standard variables.

So no, that would be a complete hack. And yes, this may be problematic
for bind of TZ to WITHOUT-TZ types, although there are the extended
types which makes this less worse.

Adriano