05.04.2020 18:21, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

I also agree that the current behavior is much better.

Me too. Let's keep it.

On the other hand, we have others weird standard behaviors (CASE with
string literals producing CHAR result, for example). Maybe we regret to
did it in the standard way and would create it in a better way if it's
doing today?

Yes, I think so. Moreover, I see no problems to accept our mistake and re-work it to be more suitable for the real life. At least in the major release (v4 or the next one).

And BTW, speaking about the make_desc_from_list() logic, IMO it was a big mistake (maybe ours, maybe standard's) to use it for *both* function argument lists (CASE/COALESCE/etc) and select-lists (UNION). I'm pretty sure this is wrong in the latter case.